Monday, June 7, 2010

P90X Day 1

I received P90X for my graduation present from Derek, so we are going to start the "total body transformation" before the wedding. I just hope I don't do such a drastic change that I have to buy a new dress! My feelings about this is that I am very nervous. I haven't been able to stick to a 'diet' or workout program in the past, and I just hope to keep the motivation to continue this. I don't think I feel comfortable posting my before picture on here, but I will keep a record on the amount of weight lost. I will probably keep a weekly weight. Wish me luck!

For breakfast, I made an omlet that was very good. It had roma tomatoes, egg whites, green onions, low fat cheddar cheese, and salt/pepper to taste. It was supposed to have mushrooms, but I hate them, so they were omitted. I also had low fat cottage cheese as a side. It was very filling.

I did make a protein shake for an afternoon snack, but I didn't care for it too much. I used Jillian Michael's Whey Protein Powder in chocolate, mixed it with about 8 ounces of skim milk, and added some ice in a blender. I thought it was kind of bland. Also, tried out some protein bars too. I tried Powerbar's brownie protein bar and dulce de leche bar. I definitely had a flashback to many years ago when I tried them before and nearly threw up. I hate powerbar's protein bars, and will not try them ever again. Hopefully there are some better tasting ones out there.

For dinner (breakfast was so filling, I didn't eat any lunch), I made baked salmon, sauteed asparagus, wild rice, and red pepper soup. The soup was the only thing I had a hard time eating. It had a bit of heat to it, maybe from the onion and red bell peppers.

The workout was focused on chest and back. It had a lot of push ups and pull ups in it. It was hard, but I did my best, even if that meant that I could only do 3 reps. I hope to get much stronger and be able to do them with better ease. We were supposed to do abs too, but it was really late when we finished that we skipped them. Hopefully, we will do them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment