This morning, I noticed that Aidan was having some drainage from his right ear. I cleaned it out with a q-tip, and yet there was still quite a bit later. It was a yellow almost light green color. I wasn't sure if it was due to the chemicals in the pool water from yesterday, or something else. I was slow to call the doctor cause I thought it was going to be just a lot of earwax, but decided to double check anyways. I called the doctor, and made an appointment, since they wanted to actually see the drainage to determine if, and what kind of treatment is needed.
At the doctor's office, she looked in his ears, and assessed the drainage. She looked in his left ear first, and said that it was red and infected. She couldn't see inside his right ear with all the drainage, but she was certain it was infected too. She said that there was probably buildup behind the membrane, and it just popped, releasing all the pus/drainage. She prescribed him amoxicillin, again, and will have a follow up appointment in 3 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment