Monday, June 14, 2010

follow up appt

Aidan went to the doctor today for a 3 week follow up from his ear infection. Doctor looked in his ears, and everything looked fine. No more infection, and the eardrum on the one that blew looked healed.

The doctor also said that he has a buildup of wax in his ears, and suggested that we give him Debrox ear drops once a day.

Aidan weighs in at 20 lbs (he is 8 1/2 months). A steady weight gain of about 1 lb a month has been the pattern. We did not measure length, but will at his 9 month well baby check up.

The doctor said that he is developmentally advanced for his age. He also thinks that he is tall for his age as well. He said that most babies just start crawling about now, and Aidan is already pulling himself up and walking along furniture.

He suggested that we teach him sign language, so that he can express his needs better. I will have to look into that. His old daycare used to do it, but I am pretty sure that his new one doesn't. I guess it will be a parenting lesson for Derek and I to teach him ourselves.

This week, we moved into size 3 diapers....finally. They are still very big on him, and they leak a lot. Right now, we use Huggies, and I hate them. Derek and I are going to have to try out some different brands to find ones that fit him better. The size 2 diapers just weren't cutting it anymore. Shockingly, size 3 diapers are supposed to be for weights of 16-23lbs, and Aidan just got into them at 20 lbs, and they are still too big...wonder what that means?!

Aidan is trying to cut another tooth. He is working on the one on the bottom left, next to his bottom front teeth. So far, he has 6 total.

That's all I have to report so far! Check back again for his 9 month visit in 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment