After 7 months of being a happy, healthy little boy, Aidan has officially gotten sick. Starting on Saturday, April 24th, he was feeling a bit warm, but nothing out of the ordinary. Sunday, he was warm again, and acting a bit different. I took his temperature and it was 98-99F. I wasn't too worried, since he sometimes runs a bit high. Monday afternoon, LaPetite called me and said that he was running a temperature of 102.5F, so I had to come and pick him up. I kept him home Tuesday, since he was still running a slight temp. Tuesday night while giving him a bath, he was not acting normal. He was acting very clingy, tired, fussy, and had a temperature. So, Wednesday I called the doctor to get him an appointment. I was thinking that maybe he had a slight ear infection, cause he would flinch everytime we would come close to his ear. Well, the doctor said she couldn't find anything wrong with his ears. She also checked his lymph nodes, lungs, belly, nose, and throat. Nothing was abnormal to her. So she prescribed some amoxycillin and asked that we do a CBC to check his blood chemestry levels.
He took the blood draw like a champ. I was really surprised. I was feeding him a bottle while they stuck him, so I guess the distraction helped. He did start to fuss when she moved the needle around to find the vein, but he quieted down quickly. The blood work came back normal according to the doctor, so I really don't know what is going on with my little boy.
He had another temperature tonight of 101.4F. His temperature can be controlled with Tylenol, but we can't continue to give that to him forever. As a mom, I feel horrible not knowing what I can do for him. He feels miserable most of the time, and there is nothing I can do for him. I sure hope that the antibiotics help him out, and if not, I hope that the doctors figure out what is wrong with him soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment