Well, I had my first interview at Heartland Health Hospital in St. Joseph, MO today. I met with the nurse recruiter and did a tour of the facility. I think she will have me start off on PRN until a full-time position opens up. Unfortunately, the nurse leader on the med-surg floor wasn't available to talk to, but the interview went very well. She is going to check my references, and talk to the nurse leaders (both on med-surg and labor and delivery) before she can get the green light to hire me. She told me that the starting salary is $21.02/hr, but being PRN it would make it $24.17/hr, and if I work nights, I would make $27.80/hr, and if I work on weekends, it would be $30.02/hr. So when I start working full-time, my salary would range from $39000 to $45000 annually. I thought that the starting pay is pretty good for a nurse, especially in St. Joseph. I hope to find out soon if I was hired or not.
I also drove around Platte City, MO and it's a small, quiet town. It seems that a lot of highway traffic stops for gas and such, but other than that, it is nice. I couldn't find the duplexes that we are thinking about renting, but I did find one of the daycare centers. I hope to go back with Derek next week and check out more places.
No comments:
Post a Comment