Alright, so I made it through my first week of C25K. I have to admit, it took a lot of motivation and desire to even get started, but now that I finally have, I feel like I have an obligation not only to the program, but to myself to finish it. For those who know me (well), I have a hard time finishing things that I start, especially when it comes to diet and exercise. I deserve this, I know it. Just have to take it one day at a time. So here is how my first week went (don't worry, it shouldn't be this long each time)...
Day 1
Today, I started my diet. I already had the iPhone app My Fitness Pal, and I have alloted myself 1200 calories per day. That sounds a bit extreme, but it is managable. If I consume 1200 per day, I have the ability to lose 2 lbs per week. I have maintained my caloric intake, if not stayed under. I just have to make sure I document everything I take in. Sadly, today, I only took in 825 calories. I weighed in, and I am 34 lbs above my goal weight. But, I hope to lose about 2 lbs a week.
I did not start the C25K today, however. I decided to do one thing at a time. Tomorrow, I will begin that journey.
Day 2
Today, I started the C25K. I started out with a brisk 5-minute walk for warm up, followed by intervals of 60 second jogging and 90 second walking. this lasted for 20 minutes. Then a 5-minute walk to cool down. This will be the same for the entire week. How I feel about it may not.
I must say, the beginning wasn't too bad. I just used the treadmill at the fitness center, so I can monitor all my stats. I had my water, towel, cell phone, and chapstick all handy during my run. (can't go anywhere without my chapstick!). I'm not sure why, but throughout the run/walk, I had some chest pain (don't freak out, it wasn't that kind of chest pain). I think it's because I had the wrong bra on and I wasn't well prepared. I was hungry and dehydrated, and had a too stretched out sports bra on. I am bigger busted, so its hard to keep the girls under wraps, not to mention shopping for a sports bra that fits! Anyways, I made it through without falling off, and felt tired, but accomplished when it was all said and done. I ran/walked 2.3 miles at a pace of 6.0/3.7 respectively, and burned 191 calories.
With my calorie burn, I only had an intake of 681 calories, but did not feel like I was starving either. I need to work on balancing my diet and exercise so I don't go into starvation mode.
Day 3
Today, I slept all day cause I had to work last night. So no run/walk for me today (I wouldn't have anyways since I try to do it every other day). However, I did do well on my intake, well sort of. I was over by 28 calories. I had to indulge in some nuggets and a snickers peanut butter squares bar today. But it's only 28 calories, not too bad, right?
Day 4
Well, today is day 2 of C25K. I am still sore from day 1, but I keep telling myself that I have to do it. There is no quitting, not this time! Today, I felt better going into my walk/run. I did the same as day 1, but I didn't have any pain (chest pain that is) today. I practiced my breathing, and kept myself hydrated throughout. The time seemed to have gone by faster, but not sure why. Today, I ran/walked 2.33 miles at a pace of 6.0/4.0 respectively, and burned 200 calories.
As for intake, well, the hospital cafeteria had taco bar for lunch...not good! I am glad I went and did my exercise today. It makes it feel less guilty. Unfortunately, I can't calculate my calories today, cause I'm not sure how much was in that taco salad/nachos I had. But, I have eaten well the rest of the day, so it shouldn't be too bad (I hope).
Day 5
Today, Aidan's daycare had Muffins with Mom. So, of course I had to go. I picked at what looked like an Otis Spunkmeyer Banana Nut Muffin, while Aidan chowed down on his mini cinnamon rolls and fruit. He also ate most of my muffin as well. Overall, I stayed within my calorie goal, and enjoyed a wonderful day with my lil man. ~ He didn't stay at daycare by the way, we ended up just going back home afterwards, oh, and to the park for a couple hours before dinner.
Day 6
My last day of week 1. Whew, I didn't think I was going to make it through the week! I still have no desire to want to do it, but I keep telling myself that I have to. And when it's done, it's done. It only takes up about 30-40 minutes of my day; I can handle that. Anyways, todays run/walk wasn't that bad. I managed to get through it without much pain. I didn't feel that bad afterwards, just really hot and sweaty...yuck! But it's over, week 1 is DONE! Now let's hope that I can make it through week 2!
Day 7
Ah, Mother's Day. I spent my day mostly sleeping, due to work. However, I did come home to my hubby making breakfast (pancakes and eggs), and was able to eat with Aidan. That was special, well, sort of. We do that a lot anyways. The rest of the day I didn't do a whole lot, except sleep, so not much to talk about today.
Oh yeah, I weighed in today....total loss: 3 lbs...woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment