Tuesday, April 19, 2011
missed the bandwagon
Everyone has heard the saying 'fell off the bandwagon'. Well, I missed mine completely. I was setting goals to get on track with diet and exercise, but never got started. The couch to 5K doesn't fit into my schedule right now, although i am going to make every effort to get started. So, I am going to have to make a commitment, yet again, to myself and my family. Aidan loves to play outside, and I don't have the energy to right now, so I make his dad go. I really want to play with him, but just can't seem to enjoy it. So, that is why I want to get running and start losing some weight. I will start this week...and will post how that went. I am debating on if I want to post my stats or not (weight, measurements, etc), or just state how many have been lost (or heaven-forbid gained). We will see :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is really tough to get started. And to stick with it. And I'm definitely not comfortable sharing my weight with the world (not even my own husband) so I think do whatever you are most comfortable with.
ReplyDeleteHave you started tracking calories at all? I think that has been more helpful for me than exercising, even though I am still doing C25K (week 8, woot!). If you haven't I would check out some of the calorie trackers for the iphone. It really puts some meals in to perspective.
Good luck with everything!
Instead of actual numbers if that is what you are shying away from, you could post if it was an improvement or a decline from your starting stats.
ReplyDeleteIt's the genes baby, genes! Think about it in 5 lbs increments at a time. Don't go any higher than that as you will set yourself up for more failure. Reward yourself when you reach the 5 lbs lost. It's easier to put on the weight than it is to take it off (especially after childbirth). Another piece of advice I will give you is don't beat yourself up because you didn't follow through at that particular moment. Just get right back up on the wagon and begin again. I can't even begin to tell you the many times I have failed at this too as you well know by viewing my svelte figure through the years! I finally discovered that it's all mental. If you are mentally prepared and ready to tackle the goal at hand it's much, much easier to succeed and stay with it. I know it's hard, just keep at it. You're beautiful any way you look at it!
ReplyDelete