So I broke down and finally took Aidan to see the doctor today. He has developed a cough and has been congested since Saturday. His cough was a barking cough, and his daycare center seemed concerned. He hasn't been running a fever or anything, so I wasn't going to take him unless it has been going on for a couple more days.
So anyways, we saw the doctor, and Aidan is weighing in at a whopping 23.4 lbs! He is only 10 1/2 months old right now. So I would say he is gaining about a pound a month. I guess that table food is really putting on some lbs for the little guy. The doctor listened to his lungs, and found a little bit of a wheezing/coarseness on his right bronchiole. He is thinking it sounds like some thick secretions that aren't breaking up. Aidan also had a little bit of fluid in his left ear, which is suggesting possibly a sinus infection. He started him on the antibiotic Zithromax for 4 days. We are going to continue him on Claritin as well, since it's working (he has been having trouble breathing at night).
We also received a prescription for albuterol. It's a steriod for bronchiole dilation, but has a side effect that will make him hyperactive. The problem is that we are supposed to give it to him when he has difficulty breathing, which is mainly at night. So I guess if we decide to give it to him, he will be up for a while!
I hope that this clears up his problems, and if not, we will be visiting the doctor yet again in about 10-14 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment