Thursday, September 2, 2010

6 weeks (and counting)...

There are only 6 weeks left until my wedding day. I can't believe its getting so close! I feel like there is still so much to do! Well, I have been planning, but it doesn't feel like I am getting anywhere with it.

::We had my bridal shower on Saturday. It was beautiful. Kudos to my sister and cousin on decorating. The color scheme was two shades of pink with silver. We played a couple of games, one was make a wedding dress using toilet paper, and the other was 'the wedding is over' where I had to get dressed blindfolded. I must say I did a pretty good job (you would think I have done this before:)). They made strawberry cupcakes and sherbert punch. They also did sugar cookies for party favors. My cousin made some cream cheese mints, that would put the ones we are going to use at the reception to shame...but they are very hard to make, so I won't make her do that. We received lots of wonderful gifts as well. I was amazed at the turnout and was very thankful that everyone was there.

::In the next few weeks, I will be making final confirmations on orders and making sure that all the major things are in-place. We have a meeting with the reception coordinator in a couple weeks to go over all the minor details. We will also be getting our marriage license then too. I can't believe that time is already here! I will also be getting my flower girl fitted for her dress, buy her headpiece, get the candlelighter's shoes, trying out different hairstyles, deciding on centerpieces (which is a whole other story), purchasing my guest book/pen/garter/flowergirl basket/ring bearer pillow, getting the guys fitted for their tuxes, and making my final payments on some of the vendors. Whew! That was a lot!

::Not to mention, I am also busy planning my baby's 1st birthday party (which will be 2 weeks before the wedding). We are going with Sesame Street, since he can't seem to get enough of that show. The invitations are filled out and ready to be mailed. I am anxiously waiting the party supplies to arrive via UPS tomorrow. We are estimating that roughly 80 people are going to come! Oh, goodness, what am I going to do with all those people! Thank goodness it's going to be at Gage Park, so the kids can play outside (weather permitting). I do have some activities planned, and it's going to be an awesome birthday!

::Speaking of Aidan, he has just been a walking machine. He has walked all the way across the apartment. It is still unbelievable that he is walking now. Its hard to imagine a little 2 1/2 foot guy moving around the house. He still won't walk in shoes yet. We put them on him every morning, and by the end of the day, they are off. His daycare teachers have tried to have him walk with them on, but he only gets mad. I guess it will happen when he decides.

Well, I guess only 6 more weeks left. I can't wait for this to be over, and laying on a beach in the Carribbean. I am going to miss my son like crazy, but it will be a much needed vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment