So after a lot of practice, and anticipation...Aidan has officially taken his first steps. He has been standing on his own for a few weeks, but never had the courage to take steps on his own. He was doing great with walking along furniture, pushing his toys around and hanging onto our hands. But just couldn't do the walking thing.
Until last night...we thought we would try again and see what happened. Sure enough, he took a step, then fell to the floor. I was so excited, I wasn't sure if it was 'officially' a step or not. So, Derek and I tried to have him walk to each other. I stood him up, helped him get started, and off he went. He took about 4-5 steps towards his daddy. It was amazing. My heart just dropped. This is a HUGE milestone for him. I am really proud of him, words just can't express it.
So now that he is gaining the courage to walk on his own...I wonder how long it will take for him to be running all over the house?
This video is just a short clip of one of the many times he took a step or two. He wouldn't do it as well with the camera on him, but at least I got something!
No comments:
Post a Comment