Monday, March 14, 2011

Party Planning Time!!!

In case you don't know, my only sister is getting married this September, and I am her Matron of Honor! I get to be the person in charge for planning her bridal shower and bachelorette party, which makes me super excited! Only problem is that I am not alone. She has a second bridesmaid, which means I have to share the responsibilites and run things by another person. For those who know me, I am not good at sharing, and am very much of a control freak. I have to be the one to do EVERYTHING, or it isn't going to turn out the way I want it. So, how do I share the responsibility of something I have been thinking about since the possibility of her ever getting married? I don't know, but that's the least of my worries right now. All I am thinking about is where to have the party, what kind of cake I want, what the invites are going to look like, and the theme/decorations for the special day. I have wanted this to be the BEST bridal shower a sister can ever give!

I guess there is an advantage to 'sharing' the responibility. You get to 'share' the budget. But I understand that if the other bridesmaid will be contributing, then I should be kind enough to listen to her opinions and ideas on everything.

I hope to share all of my ideas throughout the next several months. First thing is first though, I need to think about what type of party it is going to be. I have thought of several ideas: spa party, luncheon, cocktail party, lingerie party, etc. Or I can just do some colors and decorations rather than a theme. Her colors are apple red and yellow.

I am hoping to do a two-tiered cake from the bakery that we used for our wedding. I also was thinking about doing some appetizers or a cold-sandwich bar for lunch with some pasta salads and snacks. I also want to play some fun games, maybe 2 or 3 games. Not sure about which ones though. I have purchased a book about ideas for planning a bridal shower, so hopefully that will help me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment